- Peter F. Culver
Founder and CEO
166 East 61st Street – Suite 6B
New York, NY 10065
Peter brings over 25 years of experience in wealth management to his role as CEO of IWM Advisors.
After graduating from Yale University and the University of Connecticut School of Law, Peter practiced law in New York City and Connecticut for 12 years. His law practice led him into the wealth management field, where he represented trust companies and other financial institutions. He then served as Co-Founder and President of Sachem Trust, located in Greenwich, CT and later as President of State Street Bank and Trust Company of CT. For the last 14 years, he served as Senior Wealth Director at BNY Mellon in New York City.
Peter’s passion is working directly with individuals and families to reach their personal and financial goals. He offers his clients deep experience in all facets of wealth management: financial and estate planning, investments and insurance, family dynamics and wealth transfer.
To this technical expertise, he adds the ability to see the big picture and to integrate all the components into a cohesive plan. To both clients and other advisors, Peter is known as optimistic, an excellent listener and extremely responsive.
Peter founded IWM Advisors to offer clients a conflict-free environment for reaching their goals. He believes that all clients deserve 100% transparency, customization and top-flight service.
Education and Professional Distinctions:
- BA, Yale University (Cum Laude)
- JD, University of Connecticut School of Law (With Honors)
- Trust and Estate Practitioner Designation (Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners)
- #1 Client Advisor in BNY Mellon’s Wealth Management Group, 8 out of last 10 years
- Selected to BNY Mellon Wealth Management’s Platinum Circle (Top 10 Client Advisors nationwide) for all 6 years of its existence
- Selected 3 times for BNY Mellon’s Chairman’s Council (Top 50 Advisors worldwide)
- Past President, New York City Estate Planning Council
- Member, Professional Advisory Committee – Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Member, Planned Giving Advisory Council – Museum of Modern Art
- Board Chairman – Arts Horizons
- Board Chairman – Interfaith Housing Corporation
- Board Member – Long Wharf Theater
- Member — Board of Finance (Guilford, CT)
- Various Church Leadership Positions
- Hockey and Soccer Coach
- Married, with 4 children.
- When he isn’t spending time with his family, Peter enjoys running, swimming, biking, hiking, golf, gardening, reading, crossword puzzles and mysteries.
- Peter lives in New York City and Avon, CT.